TrepStar is the Alternative to DiscMakers.comThe Low Cost CD/DVD/USB Manufacturing | Printing | Publishing | Shipping | Service for Short Run CD/DVD/USB Fulfillment substitute for DiscMakers.com
Check out this price comparison
TrepStar.com offers comparable quality and is a much less costly alternative to DiscMakers.com for CD/DVD/USB manufacturing and fulfillment.
Our prices are MUCH lower for almost any quantity purchased, especially for single or low quantity orders. Our disc, USB Flash, and CD/DVD/USB case quality is excellent, as is our support and product publishing website:
The Best Custom CD, DVD, USB Packaging DiscMakers.com Alternative
We use only premium, 100% new material CD/DVD/USB cases, and offer them at a low price.
Cheap cases contain recycled material which makes them brittle and easy to break.
Our prices include full color printing on the disc surface, USB flash drive, and package artwork for the best CD, DVD case design and USB packaging options.
Excellent Service Compared to DiscMakers.com
We are here to help. We offer various levels of support for your custom CD, DVD, USB printing and packaging needs.
Other short run duplicators will quote a low unit price, but that's usually for cheap materials, black & white printing, or high minimum quantity purchases.
USB flash/thumb drive fulfillment
DiscMakers.com requires that you purchase 25 or more units, and the costs rise when you add data loading and packaging. With TrepStar, there is no purchase minimum for USB Flash Drives. Just like our CD/DVD fulfillment service, you only need to pay for one at a time, and we offer several low cost packages similar to a CD or DVD case. In fact, TrepStar can manufacture a single 4GB custom USB flash drive, on demand, shipped to your individual customer, including our EcoPack packaging with all shipping, handling, and postage costs for UNDER $10.00! Most other services like DiscMakers.com charge about a $10 per unit price only when you order 50 units or more, and that doesn't even include individual customer fulfillment, or packaging.
If you've heard of DiscMakers.com, and are frustrated by their high cost consider TrepStar CD/DVD/USB on demand fulfillment as the substitute.
DiscMakers.com charges WAY too much for single quantity orders to a single address. For the most basic DVD project, the price was $27.82 for economy shipping and a 5 day production time! We lasted checked their prices 2/17/23.
Even if you order 100 units with DiscMakers.com, the price is still about $460.00 (the last time we checked on 2/17/23). TrepStar charges about HALF that price.
TrepStar charges a low fixed cost that includes manufacturing, shipping, & handling. We use only the best quality materials and our glossy disc printing looks even better than what DiscMakers.com produces.
TrepStar is a site like Disc Makers but unlike DiscMakers, we have low prices for small quantities as well as larger quantities.
"DiscMakers.com charges far too much if I only need a few of my DVDs. I can't always order 100 or more to get a price break."
- Customer Email from previous DiscMakers.com customer that switched to TrepStar - 3/21/17
DiscMakers.com charges much more than TrepStar:
We tested pricing for a single product shipped to a single customer using the Disc Makers pricing tool. We set the options as:
- Quantity 1
- 5 day standard turnaround
- US Mainland
- Economy shipping
- DVD with content and glossy printing (like TrepStar uses) in a DVD case with shrinkwrap
There are many reasons why you may prefer TrepStar.com as the alternative to DiscMakers.com for CD or DVD products:
We use the highest quality materials compared to other CD/DVD/USB Fulfillment Companies:
- We use the BEST blank media on the market Professional Grade Glossy. This is more compatible than cheaper discs. They cost about 2-3 times more per disc than average blank media. We do this primarily because the best blank media is more compatible and more reliable than standard blank media (nearly 100% compatible). Cheaper blank discs do not work as well so you'll have more customer returns (as much as 5%-10% incompatibility).
- The Professional Grade Glossy blank discs we use have a glossy finish, so the colors are vibrant, and it looks as good or better than retail quality. Cheaper blank discs usually have a flat, matte finish, the colors look more faded, and in general, do not look as professional.
- We use only Premium CD and DVD cases. Often, a duplicator will have a low price but they use cheap packaging which cracks or breaks easily. You end up having to redo the batch, or they up sell you to something better which raises the unit price. Our cases use 100% new material. Some use recycled material which is brittle and breaks during shipment, or after the first few uses. Click here to learn more about our product quality.
We offer better support and features than DiscMakers.com:
- Our Project Management System allows you to easily change your project. Start your project by setting up what you know. Upload what you can. We send you email giving you further instructions. Once it's all set, we approve the project and you're ready to order. Change your project later -- graphics, title, package options, burn files. Everything can be edited.
- You can choose to include an optional welcome letter or printed document. We print in full color to high quality gloss presentation paper (8.5" x 11"). DiscMakers.com does not offer any kind of extra document print service.
- Include custom text printed on the invoice. You may use this space to include a customer specific registration code or unlock instructions with each order.
- Delete an order for up to 15 minutes. DiscMakers.com does not offer this feature.
- Modify an address for up to 10 hours. We have a publisher setting that allows you to specify the amount of time you want us to wait before we print postage. This gives you and your customer time to fix any address problems. By default, we wait 1 hour. DiscMakers.com does not offer this feature.
- Optionally allow your customer the ability to fix any address errors themselves. When an order is placed, you normally specify the customer email. We send an email telling the customer the order was placed. In that email, we display the address, and give them a link to a form where they can make small corrections. They can modify the address for a short time (1 to 10 hours). The time interval is set within your publisher settings. DiscMakers.com does not offer this feature.
- We offer better email support. We look over your email, and a real person will respond to you within 24 hours (most cases, same business day and ' as soon as a few minutes to a few hours). As far as we can tell, DiscMakers.com directs you to their long FAQ document for most questions.
- At TrepStar.com, we contact you by email to let you know a customer refused or returned a package. If it was a bad address, we try to fix it for you! DiscMakers.com does not.
- If you have specific questions about your project, or customer reports, or issues setting up the project, we are here to help.
We offer better support to your clients if you order single units sent to individual customers:
- When a custom disc or usb order comes into our system, if you provided your customer email, we send your customer a detailed email including available tracking information. This let's your customer know their product is on the way (optional and free). Your customer can track their order without ever bothering you. With TrepStar.com, your customer receives an optional email with a direct link to tracking!
- You submitted a bad address to us and neither you nor your customer fixed it: If so, our postage system flags the order and we contact your customer by email asking them to help us adjust and fix the address (we'll ask you if no customer email was provided with the order). We fix the address and the customer receives their package with minimal delays. We charge $1.50 for this service (we lose money on this). DiscMakers.com does not provide bad address lookup and correction services. You would have to order again at full price.
- Packages can be undeliverable: We process all mail package returns for you. Sometimes, postage is printed, the package is sent, yet it comes back to us from the post office. We lookup the customer, and send them an email requesting their correct address if we have it. Otherwise, we email you and ask for it. This lets your customer know there will be a delay in shipment. When they email us back, we resubmit the order for you and resend the package.
- Package Refused by your customer: If your customer refuses the package, we let you know (via email). We notify you so you can process a refund in any way you like. With DiscMakers.com, we are not sure they notify you on refused or returned packages.
- "Where is my package..." Customer Request: Some users email us saying they have not received the package. When a customer asks us, we look the receiver email up in our system, and check the date the package was sent. We either send them an email asking them to be patient and wait a few days (based on the expected shipping times). If the package was lost, we resend that package at no charge to you. With DiscMakers.com, you don't get this service. You'll just have to trust your customer never received the package if they say so, and enter a new order at full price.
Our project management system is better than DiscMakers.com:
Our project management system has these benefits the DiscMakers.com.com system does not have (or has but in a limited form):
- You can edit your project on our system. You can NOT do this with DiscMakers.com. You may be able to make small edits, but you can't really change data files or artwork files easily without starting over.
- You don't need everything in place up front to use our system. Create your project on TrepStar, enter what you know, and we guide you by sending you emails on what to do next to get the project ready. Once your project is approved, you can order a copy to you or your customers. Don't like something about it? Change it! Add a different artwork, change the files that are burned. We approve your project again and you can order some more. With our system, your projects can evolve as your product evolves. With DiscMakers.com.com, you basically need to start over with a new publishing project.
- You have flexibility using our project system. You can upload files to YOUR server OR OURS. This means you have full control of any files that are used in the project. This is very useful to clients that have a lot of projects and don't want to go through the entire DiscMakers.com project making software process for each project. With our system, you simply copy an existing project, edit a few fields to update the location of your files and graphics, and seconds later you have new product ready to order!
- Change packaging options easily. Want to start out shipping your product in the lowest cost simple clear vinyl sleeve (instead of a cd or dvd case)? You can set up your project that way. Then, if you have custom graphics for a CD or DVD case, you can add those graphics, and change your product options to package it in a CD or DVD case. The next order you take triggers our system to use your new graphics and package options.
- Simplify order automation: If you do all the work to automate your customer orders, the last thing you want is to do is change and test your order automation system in any way. If you need to change your product you can easily edit your online project with our system. With DiscMakers.com, if you need to start over to make the changes you want, your ordering automation system needs to change to refer to that new product. Not only is it tedious to be forced to go through the DiscMakers.com project creation and upload process for simple changes, but you now have to update and test your ordering system to refer to the newly created product. With our system, you can simply edit your project. This means the product id does not change so your automated ordering system does not change either.
- We stretch or shrink your graphic artwork files to fit our packaging no matter what: If you created graphics for use on the DiscMakers.com system, they will work on ours as well because we also use roughly the same size packaging.
- Multi Disc Projects: We allow you to package a disc set into a single DVD case. For example, you can create a multi disc set in a single project on our system. This set will be packaged in a DVD case that holds multiple discs. This DVD case is the same size (thickness) as a normal size single DVD case. This means your artwork/graphics for the DVD case overwrap will not need to change. This is beneficial because the unit cost is low, the shipping weight and volume are low, thus the total unit cost including shipping is low. As far as we know, with DiscMakers.com, you have to create a project for each disc, and they all come in separate cases (CD jewel case or DVD amaray case). You can do this with our system as well, but you have an economical choice when you use our multi-disc option. In addition, you can have mixed media with our multi-disc sets. In other words, your set could include 3 audio CDs along with one data CD (maybe contains documentation or other software). You can have DVDs mixed with CDs. Any combination is possible.
- Easy Reporting: You can easily search for your customer orders with our search and reports feature. Find out when an order was shipped. Look over any tracking information available. See billing reports and pay your bill online at any time. These are just some of the features available to you when you use our services.
We think DiscMakers.com is a good system for some publishers who don't mind paying a lot, or want a more well known company working with them. However, TrepStar is the substitute for DiscMakers.com if you are a price concious, savvy publisher that needs to make sure you are paying the lowest price for a very nice, high quality product.
If you want a quality system that is robust, flexible, fast, and fairly priced, and you want a premium product manufactured and shipped with only a 1 business day turnaround time, then you'll find that Trepstar is the best alternative to DiscMakers.com. Please check out our services FREE today by looking at the Intro Video or setting up a free project.